One of the things I remember most about my first trip to Europe was how often we came across places I had never heard of before. Barcelona was full of them.
The National Art Museum of Catalonia
The museum is located on Montjuïc and is home to an impressive collection of Catalan art spanning more than a thousand years. The collection includes everything from medieval art to works by some of Catalonia's best-known artists.
Even though we didn't go inside, I was glad we made the trip up.
For me, sometimes the best part of visiting a place isn't necessarily what's inside the building. It's the experience of getting there, seeing the architecture, taking in the surroundings, and discovering something you weren't expecting.
We walked up what seemed like many, many steps to reach the entrance. By the time we made it to the top, I was definitely ready for a break!
But once we turned around and looked out over Barcelona, I understood why this is a place worth visiting.
The View from Montjuïc
Once we reached the top, we had a beautiful view looking out over Barcelona.
This was one of those moments when I was especially glad I had my camera with me. Barcelona stretched out below us, and it gave me a completely different perspective of the city we had been exploring.
A Little Barcelona Entertainment
While we were there, we also stopped to watch a group of young people dancing while they were being filmed.
It was one of those unexpected little moments that makes traveling so much fun. You can have an itinerary and a list of places you want to see, but some of the things you remember most are the moments you didn't plan.
Getting to the National Art Museum of Catalonia
If you arrive by bus, this is the area where you will stop. From there, you'll have the National Art Museum of Catalonia in front of you, along with the impressive view of the area.
And for someone visiting Barcelona for the first time, I think there's something special about discovering a place you didn't even know was there.
That was one of my favorite things about my first trip to Europe. I didn't know what to expect around every corner, and Barcelona kept giving me reasons to stop, look around, and take it all in.









No comments:
Post a Comment