December 1, 2015

AMALFI COAST ~ Italy



After spending a little time in Pompeii, our guide picked us up and we headed for the Amalfi Coast. The roads along the Coast were steep, winding, very narrow, and stunningly beautiful.











The roads are very narrow.  Roberto explained that they were not made for large vehicles, especially tour buses. We had to pull the mirror in on the van so it wouldn't get knocked off.  As you can see in the picture above, the wall to the right is inches away from the vehicle.


I love this photo because it looks like tiny toy houses.


This photo turned out blurry but I love all of the signs.  13 miles to Positano...woohoo


 Looking down on the Amalfi coast as we traveled down the highway.

Roberto took this photo of me and Heather.



These doors and windows on the side of the highway fascinated me.  I have no idea what they are but would love to find out.  

One of the most fascinating things to me, being from rural Arkansas, was how close doors were to streets and highways.  Getting hit by a vehicle is something I never have to worry about when stepping out my front door.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10