February 16, 2017

HOPE, ARKANSAS ~ MY HOME TOWN

Hope6

I’m from the small town of Hope, Arkansas.  It is  one of those small towns where almost everything is closed on Sunday and where going to Walmart is a social event because you end up visiting more than shopping.
Hope is a small town in Hempstead County  with two claims to fame: it is the birthplace of former U.S. President Bill Clinton and it showcases some of the world's largest watermelons. The town is home to the President William Jefferson Clinton Birthplace Home National Historic Site
I grew up playing in my front yard for hours,  drinking out of a water hose, riding our bikes around the neighborhood, and catching fireflies “lightening  bugs “until late at night.  All of this was done while  parents worked.  Yes, we were home alone all day but we knew we couldn’t get way with anything since all of the neighbors watched out for each other.  Believe me, if we did something wrong, our parents found out about it.


Here are a few photos of my hometown, Hope,  I took on Sunday afternoon; notice the absence of traffic.
Hope5

Hope3
Hope7
Hope9
Hope10
Hope11
Hope1
train 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10