July 18, 2017

HOSTAL FONTANELLA REVIEW ~ BARCELONA, SPAIN



We were looking for a place to stay on our way home from Malta.  We had  an overnight stay in Barcelona  before flying back to the US the next morning.  We arrived by bus from Girona and it was pouring rain. We walked from the bus station to the Hostel Fontanella and I was so thankful  that I had only brought a small suitcase since I had to pick up several times to avoid puddles of water.  



We were exhausted and soaked by the time we arrived. The room was exactly as described when we booked.  We chose a room that had a shower in the room but the restroom was down the hall.  I worried that this would be an issue but it really wasn't.  It was very quiet while were where there but I couldn't tell you more about the place since we didn't explore outside of our hallway. 

The hostel was very cozy, clean and neat. The location was perfect and was only a short distance to the bus stop.  
We had an early flight the next morning and needed to be able to get there easily.



I added an aerial view below show the path of the Hostel Fontanella to the bus stop.



The room we stayed in was small but clean and tidy.  The bed was fairly comfortable.  The glass wall you see, is what separates the shower area from the bed so don't expect a private area.  If I stayed there again, I would just get a regular room and use the public shower.


Here is the shared restroom.  It was super nice and not what I was expecting.


Here is the shower in the shared bathroom.

HOSTEL FONTANELLA

Be aware that people travel from all over the world to visit Barcelona.  When you visit their Facebook page you may see comments in other languages but if you keep scrolling, you will see some in English. 

They do speak English at this hostel so you will not have any issues communicating.




I think we paid $100 for our room.  They have rooms with bathrooms and without bathrooms and showers.  I think there are about 8 rooms total.

TO KNOW

  • The only thing I can think to mention is that you will have to buzz in when you get to the building.
  • Take the elevator to the correct floor (I can't remember what number it was) and exit to your left as you leave the elevator.  
  • When you leave the building, you will need to leave your key in a box behind the reception area.  You just pick it up when you return.
  • We didn't find many restaurants open near our hostel but there is a Burger King across the road.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10