I'm going to admit something right up front: I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan.
I've never read the Harry Potter books, and when I first visited Universal Orlando, I hadn't watched the movies either. So, honestly, I wasn't expecting Harry Potter World to be the part of Universal that would impress me the most.
I knew it would be well done. This is Universal Studios, after all. But I had no idea just how completely I would be blown away.

That first visit was the beginning of something I never expected. What started as a quick stop to see what all the Harry Potter fuss was about turned into one of my favorite areas of Universal Orlando.
And yes... somewhere along the way, I became completely addicted to Butterbeer.
Seeing Harry Potter World After Dark
On our first visit, we spent one evening and one full day exploring the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend visiting in the evening.
There is something completely different about Harry Potter World once the sun starts to go down and the lights come on. During the day, you can see all the incredible details in the buildings, shops, streets and scenery. But after dark, the atmosphere changes completely.
The buildings glow against the evening sky, the lights come on, and the entire area takes on an almost mystical feeling.
You'll notice the difference when you compare the daytime and nighttime photos below.
During the day, it is colorful, detailed and impressive.
At night, it feels magical.
And even though I didn't know much about Harry Potter at the time, I could appreciate the incredible attention to detail that Universal put into creating this world.
What Surprised Me Most
What surprised me wasn't simply how good everything looked. It was how much I enjoyed being there.
You don't necessarily have to be a die-hard Harry Potter fan to appreciate what Universal created here. The streets, storefronts, architecture, shops and little details make you feel as though you've stepped into another world.
And that first visit changed my opinion completely.
Since then, I've returned to Universal Orlando and have had the chance to experience Harry Potter World more than once. Each visit gives me something new to notice, and I still find myself wanting to wander through the streets, take pictures and enjoy the atmosphere.
I may not have grown up reading Harry Potter, but I have definitely come to appreciate the magic Universal created here.
And, of course, I still have one very important reason to visit...
Butterbeer.










No comments:
Post a Comment