June 14, 2024

ENHANCE PRIVACY IN YOUR CABIN WITH THIS CURTAIN HACK

 

I really liked the room setup on Harmony of the Seas, but there was one problem: I needed a little privacy at night.

My daughter and grandson like their room completely dark, and they usually go to bed fairly early. I'm just the opposite. I'm a night owl and often have trouble sleeping. I might stay up reading, watching TV, or just relaxing while everyone else is asleep.

I didn't want my late-night activities to disturb them, so I came up with a simple solution: I created my own little sleeping area using the blackout curtain.

It worked surprisingly well. I could stay up as late as I wanted without the light from the TV or my reading lamp bothering them, and they could sleep in their darkened space.


To make it work, we purchased a set of magnetic hooks from Amazon. The hooks made it easy to hang the curtain without drilling or attaching anything permanently to the walls.

The best part was that the hooks had another use, too. We used some of the extras to create additional storage space on the walls, which was especially helpful in a cruise cabin where storage is always at a premium.





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10