I have just returned from a cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas, and while there were plenty of things to enjoy about the ship, one place quickly became my favorite: Central Park.
Located on Deck 8 in the heart of the ship, Central Park is a beautiful open-air neighborhood filled with trees, flowers, winding pathways, restaurants, shops, and quiet places to sit. It is designed to resemble the famous Central Park in New York City—and surprisingly, it really does feel like a little garden oasis in the middle of a massive cruise ship.
There are several reasons why I loved spending time there.
BEAUTIFUL GARDENS
With all the activity happening aboard a cruise ship, it was wonderful to have a place where I could simply slow down and enjoy the gardens. Walking along the paths felt a little like taking a stroll through a real park.
Al Fresco Dining
The Park Café offers casual dining that is included with the cruise, making it an easy place to grab something to eat without an additional charge.
There are also several restaurants and cafés located around Central Park where you can enjoy a meal or drink while sitting outdoors among the trees and flowers. Some of these dining options do come with an additional charge, but the setting certainly makes the area special.
A Place to RelaxThere are benches, seating areas, and little nooks throughout the park where you can sit and relax, read a book, enjoy a conversation, or simply watch people passing by.
For me, this was one of the biggest advantages of Central Park. It offered a peaceful escape from the busier areas of the ship.
It's fun to wander through the area and browse the stores, and I liked that shopping here didn't feel like walking through a typical indoor shopping area. The surrounding greenery gives the entire experience a much more relaxed atmosphere.
Entertainment
Central Park isn't always quiet. Throughout the day and evening, the area can also come alive with entertainment, including live music and other activities.
I enjoyed the combination of peaceful gardens and cruise-ship entertainment. You can sit among the trees and flowers while still enjoying the activities that make a cruise vacation so much fun.
The combination of lush greenery, colorful flowers, trees, pathways, and the surrounding ship architecture creates plenty of interesting photo opportunities.
It is one of those places where I found myself stopping frequently to take another picture because there was always something different to see.
CENTRAL LOCATION:
Another reason I loved Central Park was its location.
Our stateroom was on Deck 8, the same deck as Central Park. That meant I could walk out of my room and be in the garden in about twenty seconds.
That turned out to be incredibly convenient. Instead of treating Central Park as somewhere I had to make a special trip to visit, it became a place I naturally passed through throughout the day.
Sometimes I'd stop for a few minutes, other times I'd sit and enjoy the surroundings for a while.
My Favorite Place on the Ship
Overall, Central Park aboard Harmony of the Seas was my favorite place on the ship.
With its beautiful gardens, restaurants, shops, entertainment, and peaceful seating areas, it offers something that I didn't expect to find on a cruise ship: a genuine feeling of being outdoors and surrounded by nature.
A cruise ship can sometimes feel busy and crowded, so having a quiet garden in the middle of it all was a wonderful surprise.
And because our room was just steps away, I had plenty of opportunities to enjoy it.
If you are sailing on Harmony of the Seas, I definitely recommend taking some time to explore Central Park. It may just become your favorite place on the ship, too.








No comments:
Post a Comment