March 24, 2015

Dining at Dominica in New Orleans

If you are in New Orleans and looking for a place to eat,  make a trip to Domenica.
Now I'm a country girl who is used to food from places like  Applebee's, Olive Garden, and Texas Roadhouse.  This was outside of my comfort zone but I'm always up for an adventure.

I ordered the Fried Squash Blossoms with goat cheese, tomatoes and aged balsamic.  I have grown squash in my garden for years but have never eaten the blossoms or even heard of fried squash blossoms.  I was surprised by how good it was and enjoyed the mixture of goat cheese and herbs.


My friend ordered Squid Ink Tagliolini with crab, butter, and herbs.  I don’t like seafood, of any kind (I know that makes we weird to most people) but I did take a bit of pasta to try.  I mean, who can resist black pasta?
Well…apparently I can.  I can’t say that I enjoyed it since I didn't like the seafood flavor but if you like crab or any type of seafood, I would definitely put this on your list of foods to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10