March 26, 2015

NEW ORLEANS - AN UNEXPECTED DETOUR

New Orleans was an afterthought.

I was with friends in Mississippi when someone suggested that we go visit someone they knew in New Orleans. So we headed that way and showed up on this poor guy’s doorstep.

I think we may have woken him up, but he graciously welcomed us and gave us a tour around New Orleans. Sometimes the best adventures are the ones you never planned.

Of course, you have to start a visit to New Orleans in the French Quarter.





My beautiful daughter!



New Orleans has always had a character all its own. The colorful buildings, balconies, music, food, and people make it a place that is hard to forget. We wandered around, took in the sights, and enjoyed having a local show us around.








Looking back, I think that is what made this trip so memorable. We didn't have an itinerary, reservations, or much of a plan at all. We simply decided to go—and somehow ended up with a wonderful day in New Orleans.

Sometimes the unexpected stops turn out to be the best ones.















No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10