March 26, 2015

Christmas in Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta

One of my favorite things about Puerto Vallarta is walking along the Malecón—strolling, shopping, people-watching, and stopping for a drink along the way.

And what better way to spend Christmas?

Puerto Vallarta

Ten days before Christmas, a few friends and I decided to hop on a plane to Puerto Vallarta.

It was completely spontaneous. We weren't planning a big Christmas vacation—we just decided we wanted some sunshine, warm weather, and a few days away.

Puerto Vallarta

From Dallas, Puerto Vallarta is only about a two-hour flight, so it was an easy little escape. And as if we needed another reason to go, we found round-trip tickets for only $89.

How could we possibly say no to that?


Puerto Vallarta

We stayed near the end of the beach near the rainforest.


Puerto Vallarta

All of the rooms had these beautiful arched doors.


I know some people dream of a white Christmas, but I've never been one of them.

My daughter was grown, and I was still waiting for grandchildren, so I felt perfectly free to spend Christmas somewhere warm.

Once the grandchildren came along, I figured I'd settle down and become a respectable grandmother.

But until then...I was going to dream of beaches at Christmas.













No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10