May 25, 2015

Enchanted Rock State Natural Area: Worth the Drive?

Enchanted Rock State Natural Area is a beautiful place to see, but it was not at the top of my list when my sister and I were traveling through the Texas Hill Country.

Located about 17 miles north of Fredericksburg, Enchanted Rock is best known for its huge pink granite dome and the beautiful Hill Country scenery surrounding it.

This was one of the places my sister really wanted to see, so we made the drive.



There is plenty to do at the park if you are interested in hiking, rock climbing, camping, or exploring the area. You can hike to the top of Enchanted Rock for views of the surrounding Hill Country.

For us, this was more of a quick sightseeing stop.


My Take

I am glad we went because it was beautiful and I can say I have seen Enchanted Rock, but if you are planning a trip through the area and have limited time, this would probably not be at the top of my list.

If you enjoy hiking and exploring natural areas, you may feel very differently. But if you are simply looking for places to stop and see while traveling through the Hill Country, there are other places I would choose first.

Sometimes the best travel advice is simply being honest about what was worth the time and what was not.

If you are visiting Enchanted Rock, check the official Texas Parks & Wildlife website for current entrance fees, hours, and park conditions before you go.

Texas Parks & Wildlife — Enchanted Rock State Natural Area

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10