November 17, 2015

Palermo to Cefalu ~ Sicily, Italy

 Palermo to Cefalu ~ Sicily, Italy
From: Palermo, Italy To: Cefalù PA, Italy

 Our cruise ship docked in the port of Palermo.  We were met by our guide at the port and drove along the coast for an hour to the fishing village of Cefalu.  Out of the many  places we traveled, I would have to say that this was one of my favorites.  Not only was the guide entertaining and knowledgeable, but the scenery was beautiful.
One of the things that struck me about the landscape was that it looked more like what I pictured Tuscany to be than Tuscany actually was.  
   
 Palermo to Cefalu ~ Sicily, Italy
I loved this place so much that I actually dedicated an entire post to it.  I called in my  Under the Tuscan Sun moment when I had the urge to follow  Diane Lane’s character in Under  the Tuscan Sun and get off the tour bus and follow my dream of owning a villa in Italy.
 Palermo to Cefalu ~ Sicily, Italy
 I fell in love with these old structures along the highway.
 Palermo to Cefalu ~ Sicily, Italy
There’s really not much to say.  The pictures speak for themselves and as you can see, the coastline was beautiful.

 Palermo to Cefalu ~ Sicily, Italy
 Palermo to Cefalu ~ Sicily, Italy
 Palermo to Cefalu ~ Sicily, Italy
 Palermo to Cefalu ~ Sicily, Italy
 Palermo to Cefalu ~ Sicily, Italy
I also wrote a post about this tornado over the water (that is what the guide called it) and how it had been my lifelong dream to go to Italy and to also photograph a tornado.  You can read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10