November 2, 2017

DULUTH, MINNESOTA




When my sister and I started planning our road trip, we were heading to Colorado.  Because of endless rain in the forecast, we decided to head to the only place in the US that didn't have rain in the forecast and that was Minnesota.  



To be honest, Minnesota had never been on my radar. After playing around on Pinterest, I realized that was a lot of beauty in Minnesota, especially along the North Shore. It wasn't long before I was packing and excited about heading to an area of endless waterfalls.




Duluth ended up being our starting point.  Before this trip, I probably could not even pinpoint, without close inspection, exactly where Duluth was on a map.  Now I can tell you where exactly Duluth is and that you should put it on your bucket list of places to visit in the US.  


The Lakewalk offers 7.5 miles of paved pathway and boardwalk where you can explore the shoreline of Lake Superior from Bayfront Festival Park to Brighton Beach. You’ll find the Aerial Lift Bridge, Duluth’s most famous landmark, and watch ships, including thousand-foot freighters, as they glide through the harbor





It was awesome watching the workers as they came in on the ship.



It was beautiful the day we arrived but it rained the second night.  We still had time to enjoy most of the day and explore more of Duluth.  We also managed to get a little shopping in.



I loved seeing the Ten Commandments at the entrance to the Lakewalk.




I really don't know what to say about this weird person.  He walked by playing this cacophony of instruments.  And what is that on his head?  Not the mask but the pink, green, and orange things sticking out.  

If you plan to visit Duluth, I suggest you check out this website -Visit Duluth.




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10