December 29, 2017

HOW I CRUISE FOR FREE!


I just got back from a an eight day cruise to the Caribbean and it cost me absolutely nothing.  That's right.  It was FREE.  

How did I do this?  I used credit card reward points.  I used 35,000 points to get $550.00 off my cruise.  Since my ticket was $463 (oceanview in the off season), I used the rest of the money to pay toward my grandsons ticket.  




The great thing about cruising is that once you pay for your cruise,  you don't HAVE to spend any more money.  I know this is possible because I have done it before with the exception of spending $1 on a can of soda in Cozumel.




On most Caribbean cruises I will take one excursion which is what I plan to do on my upcoming cruise next week.  The other two places I am traveling to will have free beaches.




I usually eat almost all of my meals on the ship.  I will carry a bottle of water and some snacks in my backpack during the day off the ship and will eat when I return to the ship. 


CREDIT CARD INFORMATION:

There are tons of credit cards out there that give reward points.  Simply do a google search and you will find an overwhelming number of options.

Keep in mind that rewards points are no good it you can't afford to pay off your credit card bill each month so shop around and find one with a low interest rate.


I only have one credit card and it is Simmons Bank Visa card.  I got my first card from them 35 years ago and use it to pay all of my bills. It has a low interest rate and I pay the entire bill at the end of each month. You may want to check them out.
Image result for simmons bank credit card

 I get absolutely nothing for telling you about this card and I'm not a big fan of any credit card. I love this card because of the low interest rate and because I can call and talk to someone local if I have a problem. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10