July 5, 2019

PACKING FOR A WEEK IN EUROPE IN A CHILD'S SIZE SUITCASE!

I assume if I check a bag at the airport, I will never see it again.  I will end up spending my entire vacation without my luggage and will have to purchase more clothing, makeup, and toiletries.  

Why would I think this?  Because I spent two weeks in Europe without my luggage.  I had to purchase enough clothing to get by, makeup, and toiletries.  It added several hundred dollars to my vacation that I hadn't planned to spend.

I have not made that mistake again.  I only travel with a small carry on and small backpack and traveling has become a breeze.



These are the two suitcases that my friend and I purchased from Walmart for $15.  She also carried the red/white/blue backpack you see in the photo and I carried the black purse.  That's it!

GETTING EVERYTHING INTO A SMALL CARRY-ON 



This is everything I packed.  I promise, it will fit in a small suitcase. (My clothing planning board is the first photo in this post)





I never travel without my packing cubes.  They are a life saver!
I haven't made a video yet because there are so many great ones already on YouTube. You can do a search for "How to pack a carry on for a week" (or two weeks or a month) and you will find a plethora of videos. 

After many years of travel, I have discovered what works best for me.  First, I use packing cubes.  They have been a lifesaver.  They work similar to those space bags you get at Walmart or Target.  They help to compress the clothing into a much smaller space.

If you don't travel much, see if you can borrow some from one of your travel friends. 



Here is a video I found that is very similar to the way I pack.  Plus the girl is much cuter than me.  Hope you find this helpful.

QUART BAG FOR LIQUIDS



Here is a link to a post I wrote solely dedicated to getting more into your quart bag.  You can read it HERE. 

MEDICATIONS


Medications can take up a lot of space in a suitcase.  I have a small bag that contains all of my medications.  I use small clear jewelry bags and label each bag with a sharpie.  I do this with over-the-counter medications along with my prescriptions.

If it is in a box or bottle, I take it out and put it into something smaller.  You can also look for sample packets or travel packets.  

The only time I have been questioned by airlines, was when they went through my medications and questioned my gummy vitamins.  

SCOTTeVEST RFID Travel Vest for Women | Black | Size: Large

If  you really feel you need to carry more than you can pack into a small suitcase, you may want to look into getting a Scott E Vest.    I own one but they are not cheap.  

I have one friend that puts everything into her vest and does not carry a suitcase.  You just run you vest through security and the put it back on a walk away.  

Here is a link to their site if you want to check on their products.  I get no money if you purchase anything from, but I do own one and do recommend them if you don't want to pay airline fees for large checked bags.



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10