August 3, 2020

LODGING IN BIRGU, MALTA







The first time I visited Malta, I stayed in a wonderful apartment in Senglea, Malta.  This particular apartment was booked on my recent visit so we chose an apartment in Birgu.  

It is across the harbour from Senglea and you can take the water taxi over to Valletta with a short five minute ride.

Fort St Angelo

We chose to stay in this Airbnb (Fantastic Grand Harbour Sea Views) in Birgu.  



The photos on the site do not do this apartment justice.   It is located next to Fort St. Angelo so you are almost completely surrounded by water and then you have a fort to explore! 


To get to the apartment you walk past this moat and into the garage to the elevator.   


We knew the apartment was located on the water front but we were stunned by the beauty of the harbor right outside the door of the apartment. 


There was plenty of room for our party of 5 and the host had cookies, chips, and bread in the home.

We didn't eat any of our meals or do any cooking but there are plenty of dishes if you decide to do so.




My friend Holly (pictured above) and I spent most of our time at the apartment sitting on this ledge overlooking the harbor.  


It was also a great place to take photos. Above is a photo of Ashley and you will see Holly below.


 That's me!


This is the view you get when you walk out of the apartment.  To the left, you will see Fort St Angeleo  and across the harbor is Valletta.


When you exit the front door, there are steps that go down to the waterfront.  There were a few people swimming but the water was too cold for me.


I spent every evening sitting on the couch staring out at this view.  It was one of the most relaxing, peaceful moments in my life.  

Even though I have been in Malta before and stayed in a lovely penthouse overlooking the harbor, the location of this home would make this my top choice for lodging in Malta.

Link to apartment rental on Airbnb: Fantastic Grand Harbour Sea Views

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10