Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas, had been on my travel bucket list for years. So when we decided to take a road trip along the Texas coast, I knew I wanted to begin in Galveston with a visit to Moody Gardens and, especially, the Tropical Rainforest Pyramid.
We also decided to visit the Aquarium while we were there, and as it turned out, my daughter enjoyed the Aquarium even more than the rainforest.

Moody Gardens has several attractions to explore, including the Tropical Rainforest Pyramid, Aquarium Pyramid, theaters, Discovery Museum and other family-friendly activities. Since attractions and exhibits can change, I recommend checking the official Moody Gardens website before your visit to see what is currently available.
Tripp was still too young to enjoy some of the attractions during our visit, so I can't give you much advice about the theaters or Discovery Museum. However, I can tell you a little about our experience in the Tropical Rainforest Pyramid.

Exploring the Tropical Rainforest Pyramid
When we visited, they were releasing more butterflies into the rainforest, which made the experience even more interesting.
One thing I definitely wasn't prepared for was the mosquitoes. They were buzzing around my daughter throughout our visit, and by the time we left, her legs were covered in mosquito bites. I'm not sure whether that is typical or whether we simply happened to have a particularly bad day with them, but I would definitely recommend bringing mosquito repellent.
The rainforest itself was much smaller than I expected. If you simply walked through without stopping, you could probably make your way through it fairly quickly. However, you'll want to slow down and take time to read the information, look at the exhibits and watch the animals.
One of my main reasons for wanting to visit the rainforest was photography, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. There were beautiful birds throughout the exhibit, and I could have spent hours taking pictures.
Of the approximately hour we spent there, I probably spent half of it photographing the parrots!
There is also an open area where visitors can sit and eat, along with restrooms nearby. Since food-service options and hours can change, I'd recommend checking Moody Gardens' current information before your visit if you plan to eat there.
Tips for Visiting Moody Gardens
Moody Gardens was a fun stop on our Texas coast road trip, and I'm glad we finally made it to a place that had been on my travel bucket list for so long. The Tropical Rainforest Pyramid was especially enjoyable for me because of all the opportunities to photograph the birds, while my daughter would probably tell you that the Aquarium was the highlight of the day.
If you're visiting Galveston with your family, Moody Gardens is definitely a place worth considering for your itinerary.













No comments:
Post a Comment