December 24, 2020

THE WODERFUL FOOD OF BARCELONA


Like most major cities, Barcelona does not lack for great food.

We were there last October when the protests were occurring and it was recommended to stay inside during the evening hours. We decided to have food delivered to the apartment we had rented. We ordered restaurant and grocery delivery and it worked great for our needs.

We did eat out during the day and there are a couple of places that stand out in my mind as being worthy of a repeat visit and they are Taquerías Tamarindo and Takumi Ramen.

There are several Takumi Ramen restaurants around Barcelona so if you like Japanese food, give them a try.





If you are in the mood for Mexican Food, try Taquerías Tamarindo. The food was great and the prices were very reasonable. 





Even though we didn't eat a lot of our meals in restaurants, we did manage to hit up several sweet shops.

And by several, I mean we ate our way around the entire Gothic Quarters.

One of my favorite places was Ice Wave. Check out the ice cream show below >>>>

There were other options beside those laden with sugar.



Of course, if you are in Spain, you have to get Churros. 





And more ice cream because it is soooo pretty.


And then you have walked for awhile and you stop for Gelato because your on vacation and there is still no one around to judge you. 


And you have to pop into chök because it's donuts and chocolate. Remember, no judgement here.







And you keep stopping because signs like this are everywhere!





And yes, I purchased Macaroons here. 

And then you finally leave the Gothic Quarters which is good because you have spent most of your money on food. 


After the decision is made to head back to the apartment, you see more food. I can at least say that I don't think I purchased any of the goodies below but I did manage to get photos so I could go back later and tell myself I should have got one of everything. Plus it just looks so pretty.







We were in and out of so many shops that I did not get the names of most of them but I have added links to those that I could remember.




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10