Like most major cities, Barcelona does not lack for great food. In fact, one of the easiest things to do in Barcelona is find something delicious around just about every corner.
We were there last October, when protests were taking place, and we were advised to stay inside during the evening hours. So, we decided to make the most of our apartment and ordered both restaurant food and groceries for delivery. It worked surprisingly well and gave us the chance to enjoy some meals without having to go back out in the evenings.
We did eat out during the day, though, and there were a couple of places that really stood out to me and would definitely be worth a repeat visit.
Takumi Ramen
There are several Takumi Ramen restaurants around Barcelona, so if you like Japanese food, give one a try.
The ramen was excellent, and after a day of walking around Barcelona, a hot bowl of ramen was exactly what we needed.
Taquerías Tamarindo
If you're in the mood for Mexican food, try Taquerías Tamarindo.
The food was great and the prices were very reasonable, which is always a nice combination when you're traveling.
Even though we didn't eat a lot of our meals in restaurants, we did manage to hit up several sweet shops.
And by several, I mean we ate our way around the entire Gothic Quarter.
One of my favorite stops was Ice Wave.
The ice cream was almost too pretty to eat.
Almost.

Of Course, You Have to Have Churros
If you're in Spain, you have to get churros.
It's basically a rule.

At some point you've been walking for a while, your feet hurt, and you see gelato.
You're on vacation.
There is no one around to judge you.
So, obviously, you get the gelato.Donuts + Chocolate? Yes, Please.
And then you have to pop into chök because it's donuts and chocolate.
Remember, no judgment here.
The Gothic Quarter Will Make You Hungry
One of the things I loved about wandering around the Gothic Quarter was that there always seemed to be another little shop, bakery, café or dessert counter to tempt us.
And you keep stopping because signs like this are everywhere!
And yes, I purchased macaroons here.
Of course I did.
One Last Temptation
After we finally decided it was time to head back to the apartment, we came across even more food.
I can at least say that I don't think I purchased any of the goodies below.
I did, however, take photos so I could go back later, look at them and tell myself that I really should have gotten one of everything.
Plus, it just looks so pretty!
We wandered in and out of so many shops during our time in Barcelona that I didn't get the names of most of them.
And honestly, that's one of my favorite things about traveling—sometimes the best finds aren't the places you planned to visit. They're the little shops and restaurants you stumble across while you're simply wandering around.
If you're visiting Barcelona, come hungry.
You'll need to.



























No comments:
Post a Comment