If you're driving through the Florida Keys, there are plenty of places that make you want to pull over for a little while and enjoy the scenery. Gilbert’s Resort in Key Largo was one of those stops for me.
Located right along the Overseas Highway, Gilbert’s has that laid-back Florida Keys atmosphere you hope to find when you're traveling through the islands. Between the waterfront setting, colorful surroundings, restaurant and tiki bar, it makes a nice place to stop, stretch your legs and take in a little bit of the Keys.
I wasn't there to stay at the resort, so I can't speak from personal experience about the accommodations. What I can tell you is that it was a fun place to stop and look around, and the waterfront setting definitely caught my attention.
A Waterfront Stop in Key Largo
One of the things I enjoyed most about Gilbert’s was its location right on the water.
There's just something about being in the Florida Keys that makes you want to slow down. The boats, the water and the tropical surroundings give you that unmistakable Keys feeling.
For me, this was less about checking another attraction off a list and more about enjoying the atmosphere. If you're traveling the Overseas Highway, a stop like this can be a nice change of pace from being in the car.
Gilbert’s Resort and Tiki Bar
Gilbert's is known for its casual, tropical atmosphere, and the tiki bar fits right in with the Florida Keys vibe.
This isn't the kind of place I'd describe as fancy or formal. It's relaxed, colorful and very much about enjoying yourself. You can grab something to eat or drink, sit back and watch what's happening around the water, or simply walk around and take in the surroundings.
There’s More Than Just the Restaurant
Gilbert's is more than just a place to grab a meal. The resort sits along the water and has a marina, outdoor spaces and that casual vacation atmosphere that makes the Keys so enjoyable.
Depending on what you're looking for, Gilbert's offers accommodations including hotel rooms, cabins and RV sites, along with resort amenities and access to the waterfront.
The resort also has live music and entertainment at various times, which adds to the lively atmosphere.
It's easy to see why this type of place appeals to people who want a very casual Florida Keys getaway rather than a traditional resort experience.
Why I Think Gilbert’s Is Worth a Stop
I wouldn't necessarily tell you that you need to make a special trip to Key Largo just to visit Gilbert's. But if you're already driving through the Keys, I think it's worth considering as a stop along the way.
For me, the appeal was the atmosphere. I liked being able to get out, walk around, see the water and enjoy a little taste of the Florida Keys.
It's also the kind of stop where you don't have to spend your entire day. You can have lunch, grab a drink, take some pictures and enjoy the waterfront before getting back on the road.
And sometimes those are the stops I remember most from a trip.
Gilbert’s Resort: What to Know Before You Go
Location:
107900 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, FL 33037
Gilbert's Resort is located along the Overseas Highway in Key Largo, making it a convenient stop if you're road-tripping through the Florida Keys.
If you're planning to eat there, I'd give yourself plenty of time rather than trying to squeeze lunch into a tight itinerary. The laid-back atmosphere is part of the experience, so there's really no reason to rush.
Final Thoughts on Gilbert’s Resort in Key Largo
Gilbert's Resort gave me another opportunity to enjoy the relaxed side of the Florida Keys.
Between the waterfront location, tropical setting, restaurant and tiki bar, it's an easy place to stop and get into that Keys state of mind.
If you're traveling through Key Largo and looking for somewhere casual to take a break, Gilbert's Resort is worth putting on your list. Even if you only stop for a little while, it's a chance to get out of the car, enjoy the water and soak up some of that laid-back Florida Keys atmosphere.
Sometimes you don't need a major attraction. A fun little stop along the way can be just as memorable.
.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment