Of all the places we visited on our road trip along Minnesota's North Shore, there was one that completely stole my heart: Grand Marais.
Before our trip, I had heard that Grand Marais was an artist colony. I wasn't really sure what to expect from that, but after visiting, I could completely understand why.
Grand Marais has a long history as an artist community. The Grand Marais Art Colony was established in 1947, drawing artists to the area to paint and find inspiration in the incredible beauty surrounding Lake Superior. Even today, that artistic spirit is part of what makes the town so unique.
There was something about Grand Marais that felt creative, charming, and completely at home with its surroundings. The town was so picturesque that it almost seemed like it had been created for artists and photographers.
But it wasn't just what Grand Marais looked like that made me love it.
It was what it felt like.
I remember the sound of the birds and the gentle lapping of the water along the shore. There was a peacefulness here that was hard to describe. Nothing seemed rushed. It was the kind of place where you could sit by the water for a while and simply take it all in.
The harbor, the boats, the lake, the little shops and the surrounding scenery all seemed to come together in a way that made Grand Marais feel different from the other places we visited along the North Shore.
It was peaceful. It was beautiful. And it had a charm that I didn't expect.
I loved it.
Of all the stops along our North Shore road trip, Grand Marais was my favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment