May 15, 2015

Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Garvan Woodland Gardens is especially beautiful in the spring. I had been seeing so many beautiful photos of the tulips in bloom that when I was visiting my daughter in Hot Springs, I decided to make a quick trip to see them for myself.

Located on 210 acres along Lake Hamilton, Garvan Woodland Gardens is a botanical garden in Hot Springs, Arkansas. It is operated by the University of Arkansas and features beautiful gardens, walking trails, water features, and plenty of places to stop and enjoy the scenery.

And if you enjoy photography, bring your camera! There are beautiful views and photo opportunities throughout the gardens.


A Walk Through the Gardens

I was there primarily to see the tulips, but there was much more to see than just the flowers. The gardens include a variety of plants and landscaped areas, along with water features and peaceful spots to sit and enjoy the surroundings.

If you have time, bring a picnic lunch and make a day of it. There is also a cafe if you would rather purchase something while you are there. 


Things to Know Before You Go

Garvan Woodland Gardens is fairly large, so plan on doing a good bit of walking. Comfortable shoes are a must.

I also recommend checking the garden's bloom calendar before you visit. If you have your heart set on seeing a particular flower, this can help you choose the best time to go.

You can also pick up a map when you arrive to help you find your way around the gardens





What I Would Do Differently

Give myself more time.

I made the mistake of arriving too close to closing time, so I had to rush through the gardens. There was much more I would have liked to see, and I definitely would have taken more time with my camera.
If I visit again, I will plan to arrive earlier and give myself several hours to explore.



Plan Your Visit

Garvan Woodland Gardens
550 Arkridge Road
Hot Springs, AR 71913

The gardens are located about six miles from Hot Springs National Park.

Admission prices and hours can change, so I recommend checking the official Garvan Woodland Gardens website before your visit for current information.

If you are visiting Hot Springs in the spring, especially when the tulips are blooming, I think Garvan Woodland Gardens is worth adding to your itinerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10