June 9, 2016

MOODY GARDENS ~ Galveston, Texas


Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas has been on my bucket travel list for many years so when we decided to do a Road Trip along the coast of Texas, I wanted to begin in Galveston so I could go to the Tropical Rainforest.  We decided to go the Aquarium while we were there.  My daughter loved it better than the rainforest.  


There are several attractions at Moody Gardens including the Tropical Rainforest, Aquarium Pyramid, MG 3D Theater, 4D Speical FX Theater, Spongebob Subpants Adventure, Discovery Museum, and more.  You can check out their Attractions Page HERE.

Tripp was too small to enjoy the Discovery Museum or go to one of the theaters so I can't give you any advice on them but I have a few tips on visiting the Rainforest.



They were releasing more butterflies when were there.  









The Rainforest is full of plants, animals, reptiles, and birds. It's also full of mosquitoes!  They buzzed around my  daughter's the whole time we were there and her legs were covered in mosquito bites by the time we left.

 The area was much smaller than I expected and we could have easily walked through it in 15 minutes but you will want to take your time and read the information and look at the displays. You will also want to take tons of pictures.  


Of course, you will want to take pictures of the beautiful birds throughout the forest.  My main reason for wanting to visit the rainforest was to take pictures and as you can see, you will not be disappointed.  

Of the hour we were there, I probably spent 30 minutes taking pictures of the parrots.  









There is a large open area where you can eat.  There are also nearby restrooms.

The restaurant wasn't open the day we visited but there was a snack bar open.  Unfortunately, the prices were out of our budget.  If you are on a tight budget, I suggest you bring your own food and beverages.  


TIPS FOR VISITING MOODY GARDENS

Check their website or call before visiting.  I understand that they sometimes close some areas for weddings for events.

Get there as early as possible.  We arrived not long after they opened and we were able to park near the building.  Of course, we went during the week while school was still in session.  

Bring mosquito spray for the rainforest!

You will have no problem getting around the rainforest and aquarium with a stroller.  I understand that they don't allow strollers in the Theaters so check before you go.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10