July 21, 2018

OUR STAY AT THE CASABLANCA HOTEL ~ SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO



This quaint Old San Juan Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Old San Juan, Puerto Rico on famous Calle Fortaleza. It is near shops, restaurants, and close to the historic Forts of Puerto Rico.  It is also near the Old San Juan Cruise Ship terminal which is why we chose to stay there.


When I was searching for a place to stay the night before our cruise, I was looking for some place affordable.  The night before a cruise, hotel prices are much higher.  The room we stayed in is around $107 except on cruise weekends.  We paid around $179.



It was outside of our budget but once I saw the hotel, I knew it was the right hotel for me.  It reminded me of place I stayed in Rome called HOTEL SILIOIt also put us close enough to the cruise port that we saved the cost of a taxi.


Notice the tiles on the floors.


There is also a restaurant in the hotel.



Below is a photo of Heather on the hotel's computer.  We needed to print out some information for our cruise and they were so nice to turn their computer. 


Below are photos of the room we stayed in during our visit.




The only complaint that I had was that the sink was stopped up and it took forever for the water to drain.


I have never seen toilet tissue holders this low to the ground before. 


I loved this old window but as you can tell, it's a little high for me.  Apparently people in Puerto Rico are much taller than those of us from Arkansas. Either that or I am just vertically challenged.


One of the most unique aspects of this hotel is the roof top. 






The rooftop terrace has these stone bathtubs.  I wish we  would not of arrived so late at night.  I bet the view up here at night would have been amazing.




Yep, I love these tubs.  Just trying to figure out how to get one on the plane and carry it back home.


The view from the roof is beautiful and if I am ever back in Puerto Rico, I plan to return to this hotel.

TO KNOW
I love the character of old hotels and if you do too, this hotel is for you.  If you want something more modern, you will need to stay outside of Old Puerto Rico.

They have a virtual tour of the hotel on their website so go check it out.  


WEBSITE: http://hotelcasablancapr.com

CONTACT INFORMATION:  
CasaBlanca Hotel316 Calle Fortaleza
San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico


TELEPHONE: +1 (844) - HOTELPR
Select Extension #1 for Casablanca Hotel

EMAILreservations@hotelcasablancapr.com

FACEBOOK:  https://www.facebook.com/hotelcasablancapr/



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10