March 24, 2021

DID I CHANGE MY TOP PLACES TO VISIT IN BARCELONA?



The length of time you will be in Barcelona will dictate what you have time to see and how long you will be able to spend at each location.  

I wrote a post in 2016 on TOP PLACES TO SEE IF YOU ONLY HAVE 1 DAY IN BARCELONA

If you only have a short period of time to visit (for example, you arrived by cruise ship), you should purchase tickets for the hop-on-hop-off bus and see as much as possible. 

Even if you plan to be in Barcelona longer, I still suggest you see the city by bus and you have the luxury to get off at any location that catches your eye.




I finally made it to see the Sagrada Familia! It was so crowded but I still loved seeing this beautiful structure. It is absolutely a must see if you are in Barcelona.


You can read more information about visiting the Sagrada Familia HERE.


One place I wanted to revisit was the MNAC (Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya ).  It has the most amazing views and I consider it a "must see." 
As I mentioned earlier, there was a storm coming in so we did not stay long but it is another great place with great city views.
I finally made it to Park Guell.  We did not purchase tickets to go inside of the park (the Monumental Zone)  but there was still a lot to see even without the tickets.
If you are in Barcelona, at some point you will end up at the Placa Catalunya. 
When we fly into Barcelona, we usually take the Aerobus to this central location.  It has beautiful fountains and statues, is near some of the most popular attractions, and a lot of pigeons.  
I usually try to find lodging near the Placa Catalunya and if possible, I stay in the Gothic Quarter.
 
             MERCADO DE LA BOQUERIA 

And we come to the first place that I consider a "must see" that was not mentioned in previous visits. 
I did mention the tree-lined street of Las Ramblas in a past post and you should still stroll this avenue but while there, take the time to visit the market. 

The Boqueria, is one of Europe's largest and most famous food markets and is located in the Ciudad Vieja district.  You can read more information about the market HERE.




GOTHIC QUARTER

The Gothic Quarter is still my favorite place.  Not only do I love the architecture, but there is so much amazing food to be found and I'm all about the food.

Check out these post for more information on the Gothic Quarter.

If you are a chocolate lover, you must visit Fargas.


SAGRADA FAMILIA



NATIONAL ART MUSEUM OF CATALONIA 


It was raining off and on while we were there and it even thundered a couple of times.  Once the thunder started, they turned all of the fountains off so the pictures were not at pretty as they were on the last visit.  

You can read more about the MNAC HERE and see why I list it as a "must see."

OLYMPIC STADIUM 

There is a bus stop at the Olympic Village so if you have time, stop for a few minutes and at least, look around.



PARK GUELL


PLACA CATALUNYA



If you like art, check out the Picasso Museum.

If you like music, check out Palace of Catalan Music.

If you like castles, check out Montjuïc Castle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10